December 05, 2010

La Calesa

A famous bar located at San Isidro named La Calesa called my attention some time ago. However I went for the first time (and maybe the last time) yesterday night. The place looks warm, plainly decorated and andean-house style inside, the music is in very very low volume and the barman doesn't look happy (they are very serious men). Maybe the place can fit good for people in their 40´s but I expected something different. Then I remember the article I read about thei pisco sour, they said La Calesa makes the best pisco sour but as a pisco drinker, specially pisco sour drinker, their pisco sour sucks. I can prepare it much better and I'm not a bartender. Then I asked for a wine glass and guess what they only sell wine in bottles, then I had to order this time a maracuya sour (passion fruit sour) and bingo!!  it could be the best I've ever tasted. I have to admit something I was irresponsible with my health, I can't drink because of my liver ache but I did and then I had to vomit everything. That's how I met the bathroom and was ok but it's just for one person. I'm glad I didn't have any witness but I really hate to make a line to use the bathroom.I forgot some details: when we arrived nobody open us the door, happily my friend knew the bar and open the door hisself. It must be very elitist, but for me is bullshit. Even when I saw Gaston Acurio drinking there. Don't you know Gastón Acurio? He's a famous international chef who has many sucessfull restaurants in Peru and abroad.

Wanna see?

photo taken by me

Me tasting the pisco sour

Maracuya (passion fruit) sour
The address? - Manuel Bañon 255, San Isidro, Lima, Peru

No comments:

Post a Comment