December 04, 2010

El Escondite del Gordo -Seafood

Today I tried to make it an special day so after work I wen to eat a "tiradito" a very tasty peruvian meal based on raw fish and after that I went to Gloria Jean's Coffees (i talk about this in the previous post). The point now is El Escondite del Gordo (the hideout of the fat man), a place more or less famous becaouse of their food. Then I had to see if what they said is true, specially to comment on this blog. I came in for the first time to their establishment in San Isidro and I didn't think it was a good restaurant according how it looked like. The place is careless, the walls seem dirty, there's not good  lighting, the attention is not good and the place was almost empty (I supossed because very few people near there work on saturdays) however I still remember the good comments about the restaurant and they're not wrong!!.I order my favorite dishes: 
- Causa filled with crayfish pulp
- Tiradito two-colored (rocoto and aji amarillo cream)

The waiter delivered my orders very fast and I by the time they last I was expecting something regular but they surprised me. The tiradito was really good, the 3rd best tiradito I've tried and the causa very well done. Nevertheless, I didn't enjoy eating there because of the atmosphere I've told you above beside the dish presentation that was sad.

I couldn't take photos, so I share some form their website:

I clear up some points:
El Escondite del Gordo has 3 establishments, I went to the Juan de Arona's.
Av. Juan de Arona 672, San Isidro, Lima, Peru.
They have another one in Armando Blondet, San Isidro too who looks better in photos.
They also sell franchises, maybe I went to a disorganized franchise.
Look for more info here: http://elesconditedelgordo.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment