December 02, 2010

La Máquina -Culture and Pleasure

The slogan of La Máquina is Culture and Pleasure and it is in some way you can feel the art when you enter, the enviroment is awsome , very excentric and unusual, for example the last time I went they had T-shirts hunged up under the roof and we could smell marijane on the air. The restroom is only one for men/women. They also have a room called "La habitación del rescate (the rescue room)" where periodically an artist show his work, some day it is a photo gallery, another is a room installation and so on. The food and the drinks are also unusual, you can drink hot wine or piscolatte or coffee with pisco and these beverages are difficult to find at any café as well as their appetizers. It's easy to get because the café is ubicated in the heart of Miraflores at the back of the Banco de Crédito which is very known. The mayority of its public is young people and turists any age. La Máquina is one of my favorite cafés, hope you like it too.

Photos here:

My favorite site
Prefer a video?

La Máquina is adressed at Alcanfores 323, Lima, Peru

2 comments:

  1. I will be in miraflores by myself for a month. your recommendations will be very helpful with all the free time i'll have. Thanks for posting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool!!! Thanks for reading my blog =) I'm glad that I can help you some way. You're going to love Lima so much. What kind of activities you like to do?

    ReplyDelete