February 08, 2011

Tanta - A Restaurant by Gaston Acurio

Tanta is one of the famous restaurants from Gaston Acurio. I mentioned him in my post of La Calesa. Well, he is a peruvian chef who became popular in Peru because of his many succesful restaurants here and abroad. Eating in a restaurant by Gaston Acurio is a synonymus of quality and finest food. He has many chains of restaurants in Peru and I read in the newspaper he's founding a Chinesse Food Restaurant at the peruvian style. This man is awsome, he always innovates food. I think that is why he's been recognized around the world. The last saturday I was supposed to meet my "best friend" Guillermo but as he ussually does he didn't care about it and got slept at the lunch time, not even a call. Fortunately, along the time you learn to know people, so I just waited for him until 12:30 pm then I made my plan for the day. First, I wanted to look for appartments that feed into my budget- a difficult task believe me!. Then, I took a bus to San Isidro, exactely to an area close to my job, and walking over there I found Tanta and I decided to have lunch there. It wasn't my first time eating there, some time ago I tasted a delicious and unforgetable dish in the same location so I decided to come in. This time I was curious about seafood at the Gaston Acurio's style so I ordered:

Tiradito two-colors
Causa filled with crayfish pulp
Chocolate dessert
Frozen Chicha

It was a complete meal and a very expensive one (60 soles) . Prices here are so relatives. The next day I went to a good seafood called El Señor Limón and spent the same money but for 2 persons! However, nobody in Peru is so popular as Gaston Acurio. Anyway, he worths to its price. I was kind of embarrased because I wanted to take photos but I was alone, however I found courage because my purpose is to give valuable information in my blog and that includes pictures taken by me some times. So I ask the waiter that please take a panoramic photo for me, but he told me he was going to ask to the "man in charge", another man came to my seat and asked what I wanted, I repeated the same and he told he was going to asked to his supervisor. It was kind of disturbing because I just wanted a photo of an empty area! I didn't want to bother anybody. Then the supervisor came to my seat, at his favor I can say he was hot,hehe. He asked my why I wanted to take photos and the url of my website. And he finally allowed me to take photos "but only a couple please".  It was kind of embarrasing for me because was the first time I asked for permission. Talking about my food, the Tiradito was made of perico, which is not really a fine fish but it tasted as the finest fish in that preparation, however it was too few for me then I asked the Causa, it was better in quantity and one of the best Causas I've ever tried. Then I wanted a dessert, I'm on diet but I coudn't resist to the appealing desserts, so I ordered one that lunched me to heaven. In my opinion, eating in Tanta makes me feel as eating fine food made with common ingredients. By the way, I wouldn't recommend the Tiradito but the Causa and the dish I ate before Arroz a la norteña were excelent.

Here the photos I took for you:


Helpful personnel
 
Tiradito two-colors and frozen chicha

Causa filled with crayfish pulp


 Mouse of chocolate filled with almonds and crunchy coconut

The problematic photo I was finally allowed to take

Address: Av. Pancho Fierro 117, San Isidro

1 comment: